USA Records


Rootsweb's Social Security Death Index - Searchable online index.

Railroad Retirement Board

The U.S. Railroad Retirement Board and Genealogical Information

Genealogical Research at the National Archives of USA

To obtain a copy of naturalization records from the Immigration and Naturalization Service, 425 I Street N.W., Washington, DC 20536 (ask for form #G-641). After September 1906, both the Declaration of Intention and the Petition for Naturalization ask for the date and place of birth, the date and port of emigration, the name of the vessel, and the date and port of arrival. (Be forewarned that the dates of emigration and arrival were usually given from memory many years after the event, and are therefore often incorrect; however, the name of the vessel is almost always correct, although the name may be remembered in a slightly mangled form.)The instructions for obtaining the documents through the INS are on the PIE website. Go to the FAQs, then to Section B, then to the question that asks how do I obtain my ancestor's naturalization records.